Happy National Homemade Cookies Day! Follow along as we make Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies with CHROMA Chocolate Drops! They are soft and gooey and, of course, delicious! The basics of this recipe come from the Life Made Sweeter blog, so if you need non-medicated thumbprint cookie ideas for the rest of your family, head on over there!
You will need:
⅔ cups (11 tbsp) of unsalted butter, room temperature
⅔ cup granulated sugar (plus a little extra for rolling)
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup corn starch
1 ⅔ cup all purpose flour
A pack of CHROMA Chocolate Drops
Preheat your oven to 375ºF
Combine the flour and corn starch in a bowl, and set aside.
In a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides as needed.
4. Add the vanilla extract and mix until incorporated.
5. Slowly add the flour/corn starch mixer, preferably in 3-4 rounds of adding and mixing.
6. The dough will now be crumbly and harder to mix, and it’s possible that not all the flour has been totally incorporated. At this point, take the dough out of the mixer, and start to knead it with your hands. Your hands will warm it up and help to complete the mixture. Form a ball with your dough.
7. Roll one-inch balls out of the dough, and roll each one in granulated sugar before placing on a parchment paper-covered baking sheet.
8. Press your thumb into each ball to create a small indent.
9. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. The dough should be set, but not yet golden. The cookies will continue to cook as they cool.
10. Immediately out of the oven, press Chocolate Drops into the thumbprint indents.
Be sure to let the warmth of the cookie make the Chocolate Drops melt a bit as the cookies cool and enjoy! Make these cookies and tag us @commonwealthaltcare for a chance to be featured on our feed.