Here at Commonwealth Alternative Care Taunton, we take patient’s needs by the highest standards! A very versatile product we offer, is our Activ8 Fill’s!
We encourage patients to experiment with their fills! Yes, you can add it to your cartridge, but visit our Instagram if you need some tips for usage!
You can add it to your morning coffee, use it to making cooking oil, add it to your sauces, put it under your tongue before bed, and much more. However, in honor of the beloved National Coconut Day, we’re going to teach you how to make medicated coconut oil!
You will need:
A glass or heat-safe bowl
A plastic bag
1) Prep the fill like you normally would.
Place it in a bag and submerge it in warm water for 5-10 minutes
2) While the fill is warming up, set up a double-boiler. (Placing your mixture in a double boiler rather than directly into the pot protects the distillate from overheating. The fill is already decarboxylated, so overheating it will cause it to lose terpenoids.)
Place your pot on the stove and heat up some water
Put a heat safe bowl on top of that so it is touching the water.
4) Put a half of a cup of coconut oil into the glass bowl, and heat that until it is liquefied.
5) Once that is ready, add your dosage of fill, which should be easier to get out of the plunger now that it is warm.
6) Whisk quickly to get everything together. You want to keep everything moving so it does not settle on the heat.
7) Once you really see it come together, pour the contents of the bowl into a container, cover it, and put it in the fridge to set.
Now you have your coconut oil! Enjoy, and be sure to tag us in your creations if you want to be featured on our Instagram!